Keep It Going…

I was very excited today.  As mentioned in a past post, I now get my bloodwork done through the oncologist.  It just so happens that the oncologist’s office is at the hospital near my house.  How lucky is that?  See, my family Dr is 35mins away and my Specialist is 25mins away.  Guess what?  Today–for the first, but not the last time, I got to incorporate my workout w/ my bloodwork.  I jogged to my  appointment, got my needle (Yikes–after 3months of weekly needles–I still have terrible anxiety about them) and jogged back home.  This works out to be 5 miles or 8 km.  That was a great workout and made me dread my bloodwork less.  Now I have to wait 24hrs to get my results.  Please, please still be at one or lower!!!

Then, we had a very busy day with real estate.  We had a few listing appointments, showed a couple of different buyers potential homes and did an offer. Phew!  Long, but great day!

I have been able to learn a little more about my blog and will have some new, fun facts coming your way. 

I would love to hear any feedback or comments, so please feel free to write your comments and I will get back to you right away.  Thought I would show you guys what I basically look like when I get a needle.  Laugh at my expense and enjoy!!

 “Make It a Great Day–Go Inspire!”


4 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Natalie
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 16:46:08

    Hi Suzanne,
    I found your blog through a post you made on Baby Centre. Thanks so much for sharing so much about yourself & your experience in your blog. I just read through all your posts. I recently had a partial molar pregnancy and am still working at getting my hcg levels down.
    I found out I was pregnant almost the same time as you – Dec 19/10. I had quite a bit of spotting early on and went for an early ultrasound at 7 weeks where everything looked totally normal. We could even see a little heartbeat. Awesome! I went for my next regularly scheduled u/s at 12 weeks – on Valentine’s Day – just to find out that there was no movement and no heartbeat. Apparently, the baby had stopped developing two weeks earlier. I couldn’t get in for a d&c until over a week later on Feb 23/11. I didn’t find out it was a partial molar pregnancy until the test results came back from the d&c a few weeks after that. The nurse called me up one random day to tell me the bad news.
    I’ve been going for weekly blood tests since then and my levels have been dropping by about half every week. I have to wait until they’re at 4 and then have to wait 6 months before we can ttc again. Last week I was finally at 4 but my dr wants to do one more weekly test before we move on to the monthly tests. So this Saturday should be my last weekly blood test. Here’s hoping!
    It feels like forever until we’ll be able to try again. I find that’s the frustrating part, especially since its all so completely out of our control. Of course, there’s also all the people around me who are getting pregnant and having babies. I’m happy for them, of course, but I’m also a little jealous because I feel like I was supposed to be one of them too. Oh well, I just have to remember that it will happen for me eventually. Now’s just not the time.
    Congrats on the spontaneous drop in hct levels you experienced! What an amazing & inspiring story. I wish you all the best and good luck in keeping those levels down! I’ll be following your story as you post 🙂

    Thanks for listening,



    • inspirehealth16--Suzanne Williams
      Apr 14, 2011 @ 18:35:21

      Hi Natalie,
      So kind of you to write. I enjoy reading from others. It’s nice to know my blog is getting out there. I did the blog b/c I felt so alone, like no one else in the world had experienced this. It just felt like none of the Dr’s really knew what to say or do. Please pass my blog to anyone, I think it can only help for others to read. Also, I really enjoy the other sites such as BabyCentre, but just found it hard. I wanted to read and feel good about the next step.
      It is hard to get the news, but aren’t you glad you found out early on? See, I really had to push for my ultrasound. They wanted to wait until I was 18wks b/c everything seemed ok to them. It’s important for us to know our own bodies. I knew something didn’t feel right. I am very sorry for your loss, but SO happy your levels are coming down well. You will soon be on your way. I am less than one for 2wks in a row now (just found out). YEAH! If I stay below one (one b/c I’m a full molar), then one more week, then 2 every other weeks, then monthly for 4mos, I think. Waiting is hard. That’s what makes it worse than a regular miscarriage.
      Yes, I know what you mean about all the babies. I felt like everyone had a baby all of a sudden. That’s all I saw. What we have to remember is there is something greater to learn from our experiences. There is something we have to take away from this experience and yes, it will happen for you! I learned to not take life so seriously. Relax a more and give back. The more I started to do for others, the better I felt. It feels good. Wish I didn’t go through this, but part of me thinks it could be the best thing for me. You know sometimes the bad, makes us appreciate the good even more! Hope to hear from you again. Good luck.



  2. Amy
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 22:46:04

    HI Suzanne,
    You are very brave to write about your experiences! Your outlook on life is very inspiring. You took the time you needed to grieve and now you are so positive about your future. You can teach us all a very valuable lesson!
    Good things will happen to you, I am confident about that!
    Thanks for sharing!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: